Wednesday, August 3, 2011

What is Love? :)



Ok! People who know me won't certainly be expecting this post from me. But guys, i do think sometimes..;) and whatever i'm gonna write now is the result of my thinking. I am just trying to portray my thoughts on the 'paper'!

"Love is not weak, feeble or soft. Love is the positive force of life." 

What is love? The problem with us people is that most of us dont know the real meaning of Love. We think we know that and we just move forward. I still remember the day 12th Feb 2010 when i was accompanying my friend to help him get a valentine's card for his girlfriend. We went to the Archies gallery. At the same time some crew from a local news channel entered the gallery. They were kinda interviewing people so as to broadcast the same on the valentine's day. My friend started searching a place to hide. (This might seem funny, but he didnt wanna get caught by his parents!!) But I stayed there. I decided to myself  "if these people come to me,  I'm gonna make give them some unique answers."

As expected, that fellow came to me with his cameraman. Our conversation went somewhat like dis..
He: Hello
Me: Hi

He: What's ur mame?
Me: Saurabh

He: Searching a card for your girlfriend?
Me: No, my friend wants to give a card to his girlfriend, I'm helping him in finding a good one.

He: Where is he?
Me: He's at home. Down with fever. (My 1st lie) :P

He: Oh!! So you are doing this noble job of helping your friend.
Me: (smile) yes.. Friends forever!!

He: Good. So what according to you is love?
Me: (paused for a couple of seconds) I haven't experienced it yet. (here, his face was like a kid who goes to touch a dog thinking he wont bite, but, who instead gives back an angry stare.)

He: OK!! So, have you zeroed on any card or a gift?
Me: Not yet. I'm trying to search one for my friend you see. Have to be choosy!!

He: We'll be around. Tell me when u r done with the selection. I'll get back.
Me: Yup! Thank you..

He went. You might wonder why I included this conversation in this post. But there is a reason why I did. When he asked me "what according to you is love?", I answered "I haven't experienced it yet". That's because, I really didnt know what love is..! I just couldnt give any random answer. And anyways, this answer sounded cool..! :P

Two days later these interviews that he had taken were broadcasted on the TV. (He omitted all the conversation with me, but only included the 'definition of love' part). While watching that, I even watched the answers given by different people. Moreover young generation. Everyone had given different answers. Some said 'it's the maximum care for any person', some said, 'a feeling affection towards anyone or anything', some said,'it's the most pure or divine thing present in the world' and so on.. Everyone's definition diverse. I then started thinking to myself, what actually is love? As I was not satisfied with any of the answers.

That was it. I didnt try further to find an answer. What can you expect from a lazy ass person like me? (copied and pasted this sentence from my previous post :P) Then, whenever I used to see a happy couple sitting somewhere in some isolated place, I used to say to ask myself, 'Is this Love?' Then I used to see someone fighting either in person of over the phone. Then again I used to ask myself, 'Is this Love too?' I cudnt ask anyone either.. Because I had already seen it on the TV. I cudnt even ask an elderly person. I am a shy guy, and taking up this topic for discussion, i thought, was just not right!! ;)

I knew what people always say. That there are types of love that we can find. Love between husband and wife (in our words, its love between BFand GF), love between brothers, sisters, friends, between parents and their children.. Even the love for non-living things, animals, and literally whatever we find on this planet earth. Even after knowing all this, there was only one question that kept me ticking.. WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY 'LOVE'????

But I decided to keep myself cool!!! Because i knew.. Someone, somewhere was gonna answer to my question. If not, at least I would find a satisfactory answer to my question..! And I was right.!! I didnt search for it.. I just kept thinking about it. And read many relevant things. And the answer came running to me. If not perfect, its at least satisfactory.

And the answer, according to me, is that there is no definition for Love!!! You cant define it perfectly!! Its a feeling. Its a positive force. Love is everywhere. And by 'everywhere' I mean EVERYWHERE! Its also present in you! You just need to unleash it. You just need to find it. You just need to discover it. The power of love can create anything good. Love is so powerful, that it can make the impossible things possible.

Final words.. Dont try to define love. Just feel it. You'll find the answer yourself. The way I found it... :) 










 



 


No comments:

Post a Comment